VRST 2016 – November 2 – 4, Munich, Germany – Call for Participation
|June 30, 2016, 23:59 PST (closed)||Full/short papers submission|
|August 1, 2016, 23:59 PST (closed)||Poster submission|
|August 27, 2016 (extended)||Author notification papers|
|September 8, 2016||Author notification posters|
|September 15, 2016||Camera-ready papers and posters due|
|November 2 – 4, 2016||Conference in Munich, Germany|
We invite submissions of:
- Full Papers (up to 10 pages)
- Short Papers (up to 4 pages)
- Poster Papers (up to 2 pages)
All accepted papers will be published in the Conference Proceedings and will be included in ACM digital library (EI-indexed). Authors of the best papers will be invited to submit the extended version of their papers for possible publication in IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics (TVCG).
Topics include (but are not limited to):
- VR Technology and Devices
- Advanced Display Technology
- Immersive Projection Technology
- Low-Latency and High-Performance VR
- Multi-user and Distributed VR
- Multimodal Display Systems
- VR Software Infrastructures
- VR Authoring Systems
- Collaborative VR
- Interaction Techniques
- 3D Interaction for VR
- Natural Interface
- Input Devices
- Tracking and Sensing
- Augmented and Mixed Reality
- Multisensory and Multimodal VR
- Smell and Taste
- Brain-Computer Interfaces
- Computer Graphics Techniques for VR
- Modeling and Simulation
- Real-Time Rendering
- Real-Time Physics-based Modeling
- Applications of VR, such as Training Systems, Medical Systems, and Serious Games
- Avatars and Virtual Humans in VR
- Tele-operation and Tele-presence
- Performance Testing & Evaluation
- Perception Study in VR Environment
- Presence and Cognition
- Dieter Kranzlmüller, Leibniz Supercomputing Centre (LRZ) & Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität (LMU)
- Gudrun Klinker, Technical University of Munich (TUM)
- Christoph Anthes, Leibniz Supercomputing Centre (LRZ) & Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität (LMU)
- Tobias Höllerer, University of California, Santa Barbara (UCSB)
Full/Short Paper submission:
Papers must be submitted electronically.
The maximum length for a full paper submission is 10 pages. The maximum length for a short paper submission is 4 pages.
- Remove author and institutional information from the author list on the title page.
- Remove author information from all paper headers.
- Remove clues from the main text that would directly identify any of the authors.
- Anonymize your PDF file. Note that PDF creator programs may accidentally leave Author information in the file header.
Your own published work that appears on mainstream (including online) and are available for the reviewer must be cited in the third person, in a manner that is not traceable to the identity of the authors. For example: „In , Mountain and River have proposed …“ is acceptable, whereas „In , we have proposed …“ is not, when reference  is listed such as „Mountain, A. and River, A., Detecting Mountains and Rivers, IEEE Trans. PAMI, 6(6):721-741, November 1984“.
Failure to comply with the above requirements will result in automatic rejection of the paper.
Authors are required to submit anonymous fully formatted papers, with graphs, images, and other special areas arranged as intended for final publication. Please use the ACM SIGGRAPH paper preparation guidelines (http://www.siggraph.org/learn/instructions-authors).
Submissions may be optionally accompanied by additional materials such as images, videos, or electronic documents. These materials do not form a part of the official submission and will be viewed only at the discretion of the reviewers. All content should be in a portable format that is unlikely to require the user to download additional programs (for example, PDF or HTML for documents, JPEG for images, and QuickTime or MPEG for video). Additional materials should not exceed a total of 50MB. To the extent possible, accepted papers should stand on their own, with the additional material providing supplementary information or confirmation of results. It is, however, appropriate to refer to video footage in the paper.
Poster contributions at different venues:
From the perspective of ACM VRST, a poster contribution to the conference should not impact publication of a full-paper extended version of the idea at a different venue. It is VRST’s recommendation that other venues be guided by this position, but of course any publication venue ultimately forms its own acceptance rules.
Paper/poster acceptance is contingent on at least one author registering for the conference and presenting the work.
Support for student presentations:
The SIGCHI Student Travel Grant (SSTG) program is intended to enable students who lack other funding opportunities to attend SIGCHI sponsored or co-sponsored conferences. This travel grant is intended to support students whose intention is to present at a SIGCHI sponsored conference, not just attend.
Details can be found under: http://www.sigchi.org/conferences/funding/student-travel-grant
Call for Student Volunteers
The 2016 ACM Symposium on Virtual Reality Software and Technology looks for enthusiastic and passionate student volunteers for support of this year’s conference held in Munich, Germany. This gives you the opportunity to meet researchers and developers working on future virtual reality software and technology and to be part of one of the most prestigious conferences in the domain of virtual reality.
What we expect from you:
- willing to spend approximately 25 hours of work,
- enthusiastic, friendly and passionate about virtual reality software and technology,
- reliable and service-oriented,
- and you are enrolled as a student during the conference.
Your tasks include:
- Technical support
- General support of the participants
- Guidance support for Demo sessions and the cultural program
As a compensation you get free attendance at the conference and other items of appreciation.
Please apply at: http://chisv.org/vrst2016
Student Volunteers Contact:
Bastian Pfleging, E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Markus Wiedemann, E-Mail: email@example.com
For queries related to VRST 2016 please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.